Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chicken stew and Focaccia.

I have been a total Pots and Peter Pans slacker lately, so I'm answering Emily's query. Here's what I made for dinner last night.
Crock Pot chicken Stew:
3-4 large yukon gold potatoes chopped
2 cups of chopped carrots
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 chicken breasts
1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper (or Tony's) to taste
4 cups fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup torn basil
1/2 cup shredded asiago
Throw everything but the last three ingredients in the crock pot and let it do its magic all day. A few minutes before you are ready to eat, add the spinach. When it is nicely wilted, garnish with basil and asiago.
I tried out the Pioneer Woman's pizza dough recipe for the focaccia (or pizza bianca: whatever you call it.) the recipe's lack of kneading struck me as odd, and I thought the flavor was great and the texture was fine for focaccia, but not chewy enough for pizza...maybe the dough would benefit from some kneading. If anyone has a good tried-and-true pizza dough recipe PLEASE post it...I have never found one I really love. Anyway, I just spread the dough out on a greased sheet pan, brushed it with olive oil and sprinkled it with chopped fresh rosemary from my backyard and sea salt.
OK...so I'm passing it on...what's on your menu this week?

2 comments:

  1. this looks delicious and easy. two things i am going for these days.
    and i second the request for a good pizza dough recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy! I love the recipe thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete