- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 baguette, split lengthwise and halved crosswise
- 1/2 pound deli-sliced ham, chopped
- 2 cups shredded gruyère cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
Preheat the oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, cook the butter and flour over medium-low heat, whisking, for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk, then season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and whisk in 1 tablespoon mustard.
Slather a quarter of the white sauce over each baguette quarter, then top with the ham, gruyère and thyme. Bake until the cheese is bubbly, about 12 minutes.