Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pork Roast - Pear Marinade (weekend get-together of 4/26)

Marinade:
Olive oil
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. onion powder
1 pear - diced/mashed
1 tsp. basil (I used dried, but I bet fresh would have ruled)
kosher salt

I actually ended up throwing out my first batch cuz I overdid the mustard and it became super bitter - so go slow with that.

So I cooked the sucker (about 3-4 lbs of loin) for about 2 hours on 325. Halfway through I poured about a half a cup of white cooking wine all over it, and basted several times.
Recipes online said to do 350 for like 3 hours, but I got nervous and turned it down, and pulled it out early.

Note: I should have kept it warm somehow while all of the parents in the room went to the kids table and cut their childrens' meat for about 5 minutes, cuz by that time, the pork had gotten a bit cold.

Turned out nice and juicy, though. Sorry - no pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment